No one wants to be part of a motor vehicle accident, but you know this could happen at some point in the future. This is why you purchase a high level of car insurance coverage.
If you are part of a crash, there’s nothing more important than receiving medical treatment and having a plan for getting over your injuries as quickly as possible.
While all of this is going on, you will also need to work closely with your car insurance company.
Unfortunately, many people make the mistake of assuming that their car insurance company is on their side. Even if you have a good relationship with your agent, you may still find that they’re trying to “low ball” you in an attempt to settle your claim.
Here are some of the many car insurance claim mistakes you need to avoid:
- Don’t give a written or recorded statement until you understand your policy and what it entails
- Don’t sign anything unless you know exactly what you are doing
- Don’t accept the first offer you receive
- Don’t accept a check for final payment unless you are ready to finalize your claim
- Don’t lie to any car insurance company representative
- Don’t forget that your policy acts as a contract between you and your car insurance company
If you make even one of these car insurance claim mistakes it could cost you time and money now and in the future. This is why it’s so important to know your legal rights and do whatever it takes to protect them.
Your car insurance company knows you are in a tough spot, and they may attempt to take advantage of you. Don’t let this happen. Instead, take a step back to give yourself enough time to understand what’s going on.
You’ll have a lot on your plate after a motor vehicle accident, but at some point, you’ll need to communicate with your insurer. Doing so in the appropriate manner will allow you to receive the compensation you deserve, based on your policy.
See our car accident service page to get help now!
Have you been involved in an auto accident? Contact Levine Law.
- Assault vs. Battery Charges in Wisconsin - September 21, 2020
- News Articles Involving Those Arrested for Drug Crimes in Wisconsin - June 29, 2020
- News Articles Involving Those Suspected/Accused of Drug Crimes in Wisconsin - June 29, 2020