Milwaukee Child Abuse Lawyer CHIPS

Have a Child Abuse or CHIPS Case?

How do I protect my rights in a child abuse or CHIPS case in Wisconsin?

Maintaining a strong parent-child relationship can be demanding in today’s culture. When the government steps in to ask questions about how an individual is parenting, the potential consequences can be harsh. Allegations of child abuse or neglect can lead to a range of potential consequences. Not all allegations seem fair.

Disputes between parents, misperceptions of individuals about an event and other situations may arise that turn into an investigation. Investigations into potential child abuse may begin with law enforcement, through the Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services (DMCPS) or both. DMCPS access workers often rely heavily on law enforcement investigators to develop a Child in Need of Protection or Services (CHIPS) proceeding.

Get The Representation You Need

Schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney about your child abuse case. Contact us online or call 414-271-9585.
levine law lawyer working at desk

What do I do if I have been accused of child abuse or neglect in Wisconsin?

In a DMCPS investigation, police and social workers are given authority to take a child into custody if authorities believe the child is in danger. If your child has been removed by social services or if you believe that officials are investigating allegations of abuse or neglect, it is critical for you to speak to a lawyer who has experience in this nuanced area of the law. With the potential for termination of parental rights, as well as possible charges of child abuse in criminal court on the horizon, there is no time to wait. We have substantial experience representing men and women across the spectrum of criminal child abuse and CHIPS matters, and can help you tackle legal questions regarding child abuse, such as:
  • Is spanking considered child abuse in Wisconsin?
  • What constitutes unreasonable force in providing discipline to a child?
  • Can drug addictions or drug offenses qualify me for child endangerment as a parent?
  • Can domestic violence allegations cause my child to be taken by social services?
Our attorneys aggressively defend parents accused of child abuse or neglect in criminal court, as well as in CHIPS or termination of parental rights proceedings.

Schedule A
Free Consultation

To schedule a free, no-obligation case review, please contact us online or call us at 414-271-9585 to speak with our legal team, including CPS defense lawyers.

Se habla español

(414) 271-9585


Browse our Criminal Defense Knowledge Base for information and tips!

Super Lawyers Award
Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
Avvo Client's Choice - Criminal Defense - 2013
America's Top 100 Attorneys
Ready to work with Levine Law?