Firearm Offenses Carry Stiff Penalties
The Second Amendment provides gun owners with specific protections. However, the right to bear arms is not absolute. Current laws provide substantial consequences for firearms offenses. Public opinions about guns in some sectors may influence authorities to aggressively prosecute gun crimes. Firearms offenses range from minor state misdemeanors to federal felony offenses.
At Levine Law in Milwaukee, we aggressively represent clients charged with all types of firearms offenses at every level. Our goal is to safeguard rights and obtain the most favorable outcome possible.
Get The Representation You Need
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney. Contact us online or call 414-271-9585.
State-Level Firearms Offenses
At the state level, you may face a wide range of firearms offenses. We can help you with all types of charges, including:
- Illegal possession of a firearm: If you are a convicted felon, you are prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm and you can be charged with another felony for this offense. Additionally, if there is a restraining order against you, you may be prohibited from possessing a firearm.
- Carrying a concealed weapon: Without a conceal and carry permit, it is illegal for you to carry a dangerous weapon concealed on your person or in your vehicle or have it within your reach.
- Possession of illegal weapons: Certain types of weapons are prohibited under the law. This includes short-barreled or sawed-off shotguns. Machine guns are legal if they are registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) as well as your local sheriff or chief of police.
Federal-Level Firearms Offenses
Federal crimes are generally more serious than state-level offenses, and conviction can result in a mandatory minimum sentence in a federal prison. Additionally, federal cases often involve a variety of charges related to the crime. As a result, it is important that you work with an attorney who has experience defending clients against federal criminal charges.
The federal system is different from the state criminal justice system. There are unique rules, laws and procedures. The lawyers at Levine Law have experience handling federal firearms cases, and we can help you fight these charges.
We handle firearms offenses and related cases involving crimes such as:
- Gun trafficking and illegal sale or transport of firearms
- Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person
- Sale of a firearm to a prohibited person
- Possession of an illegal weapon
- Use of a firearm in connection with a violent crime or drug trafficking
Schedule A Free Consultation With A Defense Attorney
To speak with a lawyer about your case in a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us online or call us at 414-271-9585. We will clearly explain your rights and options so you can understand the legal process and what you can expect. Se habla español.
To schedule a free, no-obligation case review, please contact us online or call us at 414-271-9585 to speak with our legal team.
Se habla español