Hold Negligent Property Managers Accountable
What should I do if I am a victim of negligent security in Wisconsin?
Are property owners accountable for negligent security in Wisconsin?
Owners and managers of property have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition commensurate with the activities conducted on the property in order to prevent harm to its business invitees.
Many people do not realize that it is possible to hold property owners responsible for crimes that occur on their property. Under Wisconsin law, property owners have a responsibility to their guests.
What are the responsibilities of a responsible property owner?
- Hire and properly train security guards
- Hire and properly train bouncers
- Install and effectively use surveillance cameras
- Install or change locks
- Put in place proper precautions during large-scale events
- Screen potential employees