Areas Of Practice
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s Certificate of Achievement for Outstanding Academic Performance in Substantive Criminal Law
- Honors: Fall 2001 Dean’s List
- Honors: Spring 2002 Dean’s List
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Rated Top Milwaukee Attorney by M Magazine – 2011, 2012, 2013
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 – 2015
- Top 100 – National Trial Lawyers, 2017
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Eastern Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Wisconsin Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Marquette Free Legal Clinic
More About Michael G. Levine
During law school, Mr. Levine worked as a law clerk for the preeminent criminal defense firm of Hirschhorn and Bieber, P.A. Subsequently, he worked in the Public Defenders’ Offices of both Dade and Broward Counties where he managed a substantial felony case load. Mr. Levine returned to Wisconsin in 2005 when he joined as an attorney at the Law Offices of Robert A. Levine.
To date, Mr. Levine has tried more than 50 jury trials in both State and Federal Court and has represented hundreds of clients. In addition to his primary focus of criminal defense with gun and drug crimes, Mr. Levine handles civil matters as well.
Mr. Levine is a member of both the Wisconsin and Florida Bars. Mr. Levine is also a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, National Criminal Defense Lawyers and Wisconsin Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Levine was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, he has a 10.0 AVVO Rating, was named Top 100 by the National Trial Lawyers in 2015, 2016, and 2017, and he has been recognized as one of the top Criminal Defense Attorneys by multiple local publications including M Magazine and Milwaukee Magazine.
Mr. Levine is dedicated to the community and to the City of Milwaukee. He is a longtime volunteer attorney at the Marquette Free Legal Clinic and a coach of several youth sports teams.